Unique Magazines has been providing customers worldwide with access to thousands of popular and specialist magazines since 2002. Our mission is to reduce screen time and improve family engagement through magazines. We believe magazines are the source of knowledge. Today we stock over 2000 plus magazines that are available for next day delivery from our distribution centre.
Take a look on the website to find out more: Magazine Subscriptions from the UK and Around the World (uniquemagazines.co.uk)
As part of our Marketing team, you will be working closely with Sarah, our marketing manager to carry out marketing campaigns using various marketing tools to raise awareness of the business and reach out to potential customers.
Unique Magazines are looking for someone passionate about marketing, offering long-term employment after the apprenticeship for the right candidate. If you're serious about building a career in digital marketing, this could be the perfect opportunity!
Primary duties include:
- Creating content – keywords – old titles, new titles, categories, subcategories
- Backlinks – link building
- Social Media/ engagement - Twitter and Instagram specifically
- Video / photography
- Creating blogs – utilize some content from comic club site
- Email campaigns across all brands – Unique magazines, The Comic Club and Magazines for Schools – Mail chimp
- Google Analytics analysis & SEO
- Website housekeeping- removing ceased titles, updating homepage, banners etc
- Update database – Action email address data to market primary school and secondary packages.
- Opportunity to attend exhibitions and networking events
- PR – press releases – need to build a contact database for submitting articles – e.g. Guardian, Independent newspaper, publications to promote gifting ideas
Required qualities, skills and experiences:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Reliable and willing learner
- Acts on initiative
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Customer Care
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on a company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
35hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £250 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full-time position
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.