You will undertake your apprenticeship as part of a team that protects the council's hardware, software and data from cyber threats.
Here's a summary of what you will do:
- Develop your understanding of how effective cyber security contributes to the delivery of the digital strategy.
- Undertake training to be able to regularly monitor system and user activity to identify actual or potential anomalies or breaches of cyber security or policy.
- Participate in the response to any breach or suspected breach of cyber security.
- Help to resolve cyber security incidents and problems, following procedures and calling on the expertise of colleagues and suppliers as required.
- Provide support, advice and guidance on cyber security.
- Assist with the review and updating of training materials, documentation, processes, policies and procedures relating to cyber security.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- You'll bring enthusiasm for working in a Digital and IT team and can demonstrate good awareness of customer service.
- You enjoy investigating and troubleshooting incidents and problems and you get satisfaction from understanding the causes and resolutions.
- You can develop the skill to explain technical concepts and solutions to non-technical users.
- You have good attention to detail and can keep documentation up-to-date accurately.
- You have an awareness of cyber security.
- You're eager to become proficient in a greater range of technology and like to stay up-to-date with new and emerging technologies.
- You want to engage in continuous professional development.
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum in an IT based subject
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship the candidate may be considered for full time employment, though this is not guaranteed. However, the experience and training will be a great foundation for a rewarding career in cyber security.