Duties to include:
- You will be working in the UBDS's state of the art Infrastructure Operations Centre (IOC), learning to provide engineering customer support across a number of technology stacks, including Cloud (AWS/Azure), Networking, End User Compute and MS Office 36 Services
- It is the IOC's responsibility to ensure all supported services are optimal, through proactively monitoring all environments via event management tools, carrying out frequent proactive environmental checks and planned changes. Ensuring that any service and security incidents are managed quickly and effectively
- You will be assisting with any major incidents that occur within the IOC supported environments and helping the team to find resolutions. You may be required to attend site or to work out of hours on an on-call rota
- To underpin your success in this role, you will be mentored and supported by UBDS' engineering subject matter experts who specialise in technologies across the engineering portfolio
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Good communication skills
- Some work experience/internship experience of working in call service, customer service focused environment would be advantageous
- Motivation to learn
- Ability to work under pressure
An A-Level/BTEC or equivalent in an IT or technology focused subject.
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
During your role here there will be a 10% discretionary bonus above your wage.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates