You will assist the Business Analysts (BA's) to extract and document key customer requirements for post and parcel delivery management. You will assist in bridging these requirements and HypaShip's solution by helping analyse, transform and ultimately resolve the customers' business problems. In time, you will be required to gain an understanding of customer operations and market approaches to assist the BA's with designing new processes and redesigning existing processes.
With guidance, you will gain experience in analysing systems by interpreting customer business rules and requirements for technical systems and help the BA's collate this. The BA's will help you to develop your skills in documenting all of the information you have collated so it is in a format that IT professionals can use to develop and test, and customers can implement.
You will assist in creating test plans, providing post-implementation support and receive and manage change requests during the design process and post-implementation of a feature or function. The role will mainly be assisting the BA's with gathering and documenting information whilst developing as a BA yourself.
You will have the opportunity to work across several areas of the business to gain a breadth of knowledge and skills whilst being a valuable member of the Business Analysis team and more widely, the Operations team.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- In ongoing communication, facilitation and influence with customers to understand their post and parcel carrier delivery requirements fully
- To provide an interface between the customer and them, to articulate business problems into formal business and functional requirement specifications
- With producing detailed User Design Specifications and assist with input into Functional Design Specifications for the software development and testing teams to work with
- With any admin and customer support needed in the successful delivery of projects across the business
- To improve and re-engineer business processes for optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- To design the desired technical solution whilst considering the opportunities and potential risks
- To identify the processes and technology required to introduce the recommendations
- In defining improvements to customer business processes, while evaluating potential solutions based on the impacts across their organisation
- To deliver at pace using various methodologies and principles
- To quality assure test solutions and products
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Effective influencing and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including with colleagues and customers
- Show examples of using research, evaluation of options, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be facilitative, influential and patient
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed
- Excellent team player
- Willingness to 'muck in' and do whatever needs to be done (even outside of the role)
- Realistic about the commercial world and apprenticeship scheme expectations (it takes time to learn and develop)
- Able to remain calm and resilient
- An interest in technology and business
- Driven and shows strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the need for prioritisation and task scheduling
- Able to show understanding of the importance of high standards for customer service and timely delivery
- An ability to understand the impact of change
- Ability to listen and extract pertinent information
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Have the confidence to speak up with relevant information and make suggestions to the BA's
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English Language.Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
This rolewill be currently working remote.