- Delivering sports coaching to Primary School children through extra curricular clubs and Holiday clubs
- Working with mixed ability groups
- Game On cover 11 different sports and each coach specialises in 3 or 4.
- During the 18 month contract you will complete Sports National Governing body qualifications
- Working with Knights Training Academy to complete the Coach Activator's qualification
- Provided with a mentor who explains and shows how to deliver sports sessions
- Understanding how different children learn and respond to various coaching styles
- The opportunity to work independently and develop your coaching style
- Will need to complete administrative work associated with coaching - register lists, planning, reports etc
- Begin to understand how PE lessons within school work
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Basic computer skills are required
- Reliable with strong time management skills
A Coach must hold or be prepared to take immediately a minimum of a Level 1 qualification from a Sports National Governing Body (e.g., FA, England Athletics, ECB etc).Personal qualities
- Applicants must be self-motivated and have a passion for coaching.
- They must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- The role requires a number of tasks to be completed by the deadlines set, so an applicant must be able to organise their time appropriately.
GCSE Grades A-C in English, Math's and ICT or equivalent is preferred but not essential as full training will be delivered.Future prospects
Opportunity for further employment is a possibility but cannot be confirmed at this stage.