What will the apprentice be doing?
· Supporting and leading the delivery of Physical Education and Sports Coaching in Otterburn Primary School
· Assisting teaching and learning in Primary school PE.
· Delivering afterschool clubs and breakfast clubs.
Based at NE19 1JFWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Opportunity to obtain a L4 School Sports Coach apprenticeship working within the local Primary School Monday - Friday.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Employment with PEAK as a Physical Education Co-ordinator.
- Employment with the host schools as a school sports coach.
- Experience to support an application to university for a sports coach or teaching qualification
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Physical fitness, Sports leadership Experience, Coach Qualification/Experience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Other Sports Leader/Coaching Qualification Experience (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
Successful applicants will be required to have a clear enhanced DBS certificate. Successful applicants should be aware that that they will be required to support children's learning across the curriculum.