Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
Our Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise is responsible for recruiting across all business units and corporate functions in EMEA. The team works as partners and experts supporting our business and HR team in hiring the best talent, to enable our continued growth and success. We’re a forward-thinking team, leveraging strong relationships and data. We are positioned to make a dramatic impact on the culture at Johnson Controls by focusing on delivering high quality hires in an appropriate time frame.
Role Description: Early Career Talent Acquisition Specialist (Mat Cover 12 - 14 Months)
We are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist with a genuine interest and proven past success in early careers recruitment.
You will report to the Talent Acquisition Manager UK&I, France & Nordics. You will work closely with the wider Early Career team, local HR teams, the Apprenticeship Program Manager and all business lines senior stakeholders in the UK&I region, to support them with the delivery of the Early Career TA recruitment strategy.
You will be accountable for the delivery of end to end recruitment. As such, it is essential that you have experience in working in a fast paced, ever changing, driven environment and have the ability to execute and develop tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow that meets diversity and our overall recruiting goals.
Objective & Profile:
• Meet JCI’s Early Career Talent goals and strategic initiatives and objectives, including diversity strategies.
• Strengthen recruiting practices by effectively collaborating with key stakeholders across the business and third party vendors.
• Build JCI’s employment brand at target educational institutes (schools, colleges, universities etc.) by engaging with students, faculty and career service centers and serve as a trusted partner.
• Coordinate and support all attraction and selection activities. Run efficient administration for business stakeholders’ engagements, campus visits, career fairs and selection activities such as screening, interviews, selection days, offers etc. through Taleo. This approach may differ, pending Covid status at current time.
• Promote Early Career Talent objectives by writing, editing and distributing Early Career internal and external communications, marketing material and collateral.
• Partner closely with the business and functions to identify talent and recruitment needs and requirements. Translate these requirements into recommendations and work processes as part of the Early Career Talent strategy.
• Track market information and competitor intelligence on the Early Career Talent market in terms of recruitment trends, compensation and talent attraction, selection, development and retention best practices.
• Support the implementation and daily operation of all JCI Early Career Talent programmes, which may include but are not limited to intern, graduate, apprenticeship programmes. Liaise with the Early Career Talent Lead and • Talent Acquisition Manager in terms of the training & development aspects of the programme.
• Build strong client relationships and be a key point of contact, as a knowledgeable and valuable resource on early career talent.
• Understand functional and business needs for early career recruitment and related programmes.
• Manage marketing/communications project(s) as assigned from planning to implementation to evaluation.
• Partner with Total Rewards to research and evaluate competitive salaries on the market
• Build relationships with functions and businesses; look for new business areas to introduce early career talent.
• Build relationships with target educational institutes, external partners and organisations related to early career talent. Stay informed regarding the talent market and best practice through these relationships.
• Manage and support actively the talent sourcing and selection process.
• Coordinate with third party vendors to ensure consistency and high quality performance and service.
• Contribute content and creative ideas for early career talent branding and communications (e.g. collateral, presentations, online (website, social media), adverts, updates, new programmes etc.)
• Develop key metrics and report on them to management monthly.
• Evaluate and review all processes and programmes on an ongoing basis.
• Represent JCI with the highest professional standards.
You are an agile communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, understand your audience, and can quickly adapt to meet the needs of differing audiences.
You believe the best work is done in teams, and you collaborate with peers to support their activities and accomplish organization-level goals.
You hold peers accountable for commitments, but demonstrate loyalty to the team through competent delivery and approachability.
You’re analytical, considering data from multiple sources & relationships, can identify links between dissimilar data sets, and draw conclusions & assumptions that will best benefit the business.
• Proven extensive experience in leading and executing efficient and effective university relations/early career talent recruiting programmes. Broader experience in human resources is desirable
• Solid experience in Early Career attraction and selection methodologies, working to a strategy
• Ability to screen campus talent and provide recommendations for hiring teams
• Demonstrated knowledge in Early Career branding/marketing and communications
• Demonstrated knowledge in running Early Career Talent programmes (intern, graduate, apprenticeship etc.), liaising with both students and business, planning and coordination of the programme and continually working to improve the experience and return on investment.
• Strong work ethic; does not cut corners and follows through on commitments and can work independently.
• Develops plans and schedules in an efficient, productive manner with remarkable attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to structure and process data and draw insightful conclusions.
• Good judgment and discretion.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
We offer an exciting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Joining us you will become part of a leading global multi-industrial corporation defined by its stimulating work environment and job satisfaction. In addition we offer outstanding career development opportunities which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
We embrace diversity, reward hard work and have a collective passion to make an impact. In an environment that is constantly evolving, we set the foundation for you to grow and create a career that is as unique as you are.