What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Design, implement and test engineering solutions in accordance with Thales procedures
- Attendance at project reviews
- Creation of functional and physical system architectures
- Preparation of engineering specifications, interface control documents & test documentation
- Deliver tasks on time and to the required quality
- Work as a team-player
- Develop knowledge and skills within the engineering discipline
- Effectively communicate engineering issues related to own tasks
You will be working towards a BEng in Electronic Engineering. For the first year you will attend a local college 2 days per week working towards an HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Year 2 and 3 you will continue at college 1 day per week to achieve an HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Year 4 you will attend Portsmouth University 1 day per week to top up to a BEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position within a Thales Hardware department.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSES incl Maths+English (Grade Grade 9 - 4 (A-C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 Alevels, incl Maths and a STEM subject (Grade A-C incl B in Maths) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering or electronics (Grade MMM) Essential