What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will provide secretariat and general administrative support to the TPS Policy Project unit. The essential criteria is:
• Highly motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills including note taking, minutes and writing first drafts of reports etc.
• Excellent organisation skills and record keeping.
• Able to work collaboratively and flexibly.
• Sound IT skills and confidence in using Microsoft products.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful applicant will study towards the L4 Policy Officer apprenticeship. Training willl normally be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Policy role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Team working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired