BAE Systems Applied Intelligence’s Procurement department is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their team. The Procurement department is responsible for the purchasing of all direct and indirect goods and services for our business, from laptops and hotels stays for employees, right through to complex Artificial Intelligence software that help keep our technology safe from cyber threats.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the world of Procurement, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with varying and exciting roles and responsibilities across the Category Management, Bid and Delivery and Supplier Operations teams.
As a Procurement Apprentice, you will:
- Gain exposure to tendering exercises (finding the right products and services for the company) and how the team negotiate with suppliers to deliver the right product / service, at the right time, in the right place, and at the best value.
- Learn how to develop reporting, forecasting and building out KPI dashboards that optimise the team’s communications to their internal clients. There will additional opportunities to present findings to a small audience.
- Put your analytical and technical skills to the test by identifying opportunities for cost savings through analysis of spend data.
- Learn to use industry leading procurement databases and platforms to support their role in the team.
- Work with other functions such as Legal, Finance and Information Security
- Develop the necessary skills to manage some procurement specific transactional activities independently, such as;
- Reviewing the price of current goods / services against their historic costs and identifying opportunities for us to re-negotiate those costs with the supplier.
- Calculating, measuring and evaluating costs and benefits (savings and value add)
- Responding to purchasing requests from internal clients.
- Supporting negotiations
- Management of new supplier requests and supplier due-diligence activities, including supplier on boarding
What’s in it for you?
- Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship, along with CIPS certification
- £18,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts throughout 2 year programme
- Competitive benefits package, with 25 days of annual leave and access to product and services discounts
- Support and mentorship from our Procurement and HR functions
What do you need for this Apprenticeship?
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications either in a professional or academic setting
- An interest in Business, Finance, Legal and/or Supply Chain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A personal drive and enthusiasm that makes them stand out from the crowd
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (or equivalent) including a minimum C grade in Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum 18 years old
- CV submission & review
- Digital assessment
- Video interview
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.