About the apprenticeship
1. Assist in providing a comprehensive service with the organisation and co-ordination of national sporting competitions and events under the direction of the Sporting Events and Competitions Team.
2. Support the Events and Competitions Team in meeting targets for individuals participating.
3. Assist with the preparation of information packs and presentations for the Sports Council for Wales and sports bodies, including gathering information on events.
4. Assist with the administration of national sporting arrangements.
5. Assist with the creation of reports on the National competitions
6. Assist with the hiring of centres for National Sports Competitions.
7. Co-working to organise sporting competitions with governing bodies, the local Authority Sports Development Unit, Universities and Further Education Colleges.
8. Assist with the placing and monitoring of volunteers involved in National competitions.
9. Ensure that volunteers and referees for national competitions are supported, in conjunction with the Urdd Sport National Training Officer.
10. Work with schools and communities to promote Urdd Gobaith Cymru competitions and sporting events
11. Take a hands-on role in sporting competitions, ensuring the smooth running of the duties under their care.
12. Any other work or projects relating to the running of the Urdd Gobaith Cymru's Sports Department.
As part of the apprenticeship, training will be offered to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake all the training offered.
The successful candidate will undertake a Level 3 Sports Development Apprenticeship Framework. The framework includes the following qualifications:
• NVQ Level 3 in Sports Development (QCF)
• Level 3 Senior Sports Leaders Certificate
• Level 3 Employment Rights and Responsibilities Certificate
• Essential Skills Level 2
In addition, this additional training is provided:
• Physical Literacy
• Specific Sports Qualifications
A large percentage of the training takes place in the workplace and within workshops and organised during working hours. However, apprentices are expected to complete significant pieces of out-of-hours coursework on a regular basis. All apprentices will have access to a work laptop to do so.
The Apprenticeship Department is delighted to be able to offer special support for all apprentices to succeed. We work with apprentices as individuals and tailor the support to suit the needs of the apprentice.
In addition to the above training, in-house training is given on the various activities of the department including organizing and leading regional and national activities, holiday plans and competitions.
i. Carrying out this job will require a driving licence and a car, or the ability to travel fully flexibly and independently.
ii. The ability to communicate in Welsh and English is essential to this role.
iii. An interest to develop professionally and take every opportunity that comes.
iv. Experience of competing or assisting with the organisation of sporting competitions
v. Experience of working with children and young people would be an advantage
vi. Experience of training others will be of benefit
vii. Understanding of the aims and objectives of Urdd Gobaith Cymru
Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes Welsh Written Skills: Yes
Urdd Gobaith Cymru
NVQ Level 3 in Sports Development (QCF) • Level 3 Higher Sports Leaders Certificate
About the employer
Swyddfar Urdd, Unit 14, Cardiff Business Park
Lambourne Crescent, Llanishen
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
To be confirmed