Have you ever wondered what it would be like to advise companies on their biggest and most cutting-edge legal issues? As a Solicitor Apprentice with Lewis Silkin, you’ll learn how to do just that. You’ll have the chance to work alongside leaders in their fields as you increase your knowledge and develop your research, negotiation and client-service skills through practical, hands-on experience in our London office.
We’re looking for smart, committed and passionate apprentices, ready to succeed in a fast-paced office environment. If that sounds like a good fit for you then we’d love to hear from you.
Vacancy close date: 31st January 2022
As a Solicitor Apprentice at Lewis Silkin, you’ll learn what it takes to be an excellent lawyer. You’ll be in the office four days a week, and you will spend one day a week studying for your LLB (Hons) Law and Practice. By the end of the six years you’ll be a fully qualified solicitor, ready to advise your clients on a broad range of legal issues.
What will you do?
You will rotate through our two business divisions: Creators, Makers and Innovators (CMI) and Employment, Immigration and Reward (EIR) - sitting within legal practice groups such as Employment, Immigration, Brands & Intellectual Property, Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Real Estate.
Our CMI division works for innovative and brand-focused businesses from start-ups to multinationals. In this team, you’ll develop an understanding of the industries in which our clients operate and will gain experience across a wide range of legal services. Over time, this may see you supporting on commercial and real estate deals, learning about clients’ trademarks and IP rights, or diving into the world of dispute resolution.
In our Employment, Immigration and Reward Division (EIR), we offer an unrivalled service supporting clients on their HR, employment and immigration law needs domestically and internationally. We are one of the top-ranked law firms for this kind of work, so it’s no surprise that we work for many of the world’s leading businesses. You’ll work with the team to support clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
As you gain experience, your duties and level of responsibility will increase. We will provide you with full training, and you will work closely with your supervisor to develop your skills and make sure you fulfil your potential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending meetings and taking notes when requested
- Supporting members of your team in administrative tasks including diary management
- Carrying out document management including filing, binding and bundling
- Conducting research when required
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner
- Getting to know Lewis Silkin’s business and your team
As you progress, you will get involved with:
- More complex research tasks
- Drafting legal documents
- Working on more technical transactions
- Developing skills such as client service and negotiation
To find out more about Lewis Silkin and the Solicitor Apprenticeship programme, please visit our website https://www.lewissilkin.com/en/join-us/solicitor-apprenticeships
As a Solicitor apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Solicitor Level 7 Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship at levels 4, 5 and 6 will enable you to be awarded an LLB (Hons) Law and Legal Practice, from BPP.
Your Level 7 apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face from BPP [alongside our award-winning internal training]. Coupled with the on-the-job learning, completion of the apprenticeship will lead to obtaining your solicitor qualification.
The apprenticeship standard is based on the SRA’s Statement of Solicitor Competence. Achievement of the standard and the associated apprenticeship assessment plan will satisfy the SRA’s regulatory framework for qualification as a solicitor, subject to the SRA’s usual tests of character and suitability.
Duration: 6 year apprenticeship scheme
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good eye for detail
- Strong organisation and time management abilities
- Creative thinking and analytical skills
- An excellent team player
- Ability to follow instructions
- Motivated with a strong commitment to learning
- Desire to provide excellent client service
- You'll need to achieve (or will have already achieved) 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) with a minimum grades of ABB by September 2022.
- You will also have a minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 5 or above, to include English language and maths.
- To be eligible for the Solicitor Apprenticeship scheme you must have the right to work in the UK and you must not have completed a degree in law or any other subject
Once you've finished your six-year apprenticeship with Lewis Silkin, you'll be a fully qualified solicitor in England and Wales and will be considered for a newly qualified solicitor role with us.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more.