North Street Nursery which has a capacity for 90 children and an unusual outdoor terrace garden, opened in November 2018 has an in-house training provider to add to your Childcare Qualifications as well as great staff benefits.
To enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day activities within the nursery.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high quality service to children working as part of a staff team to meet children's individual needs.
Children and Families:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children's needs.
- To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
- To help maintain a child-centred environment.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To maintain children's safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the play setting and on trips to external facilities.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure good communication with staff and parent's / carers.
- To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
- To know the nurseries policies and procedures, work within them at all times and to support other staff to adhere to them.
- To keep records and provide other administrative support as required.
- To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To represent the setting professionally always, maintaining the settings integrity and being open to giving and receiving feedback.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Nursery Manager or your Room Leader.
We offer a leading and rewarding staff benefits package:
- Leading salaries in Childcare.
- Staff Bonus and Reward Schemes.
- 5 Weeks Annual Holiday, including Christmas and New Year Off.
- Electronic Rota allowing swaps and requests.
- Free DBS, Uniform and Training.
- In house training, delivering new and enhanced qualifications to help secure your progression.
- First Bus Travel Card - When you travel to work by bus, we'll pay for it! First West of England provide a travel card across Bristol and Bath, 7 days a week.
- PerkBox - a platform designed to enrich the employee experience, both inside and outside of work, with thousands of everyday discounts and offers.
- PerkBox Medical - Book appointments and speak to a fully qualified UK private GP within minutes, wherever you are.