- Postcode: PE21 7SJ - Boston
- Programme: IT Solutions Technician Level 3
- Salary: £14,000
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm (40 hours per week)
In addition to the roles and responsibilities outlined below, all apprenticeship training will be delivered remotely via Zoom.
You will have access to our bespoke systems and educational content platforms, in addition to having the opportunity to be supported by expert tutors and instructors.
About Pilgrim Foodservice
We are an independent, agile, family-run business. Our people embrace and embody our family values of trust, integrity, respect and innovation. These values have helped us to build a proud history of forging loyal relationships with our customers. From our depot in Boston, we serve a diverse range of customers in 17 counties across the Eastern side of the UK. We offer more than 4000 products including butchery, fresh produce, grocery, chilled, frozen and non-food items.
We are ‘passionate about our people’, recognising that our teams, along with their drive and passion, are the reason for our continued success. This is your opportunity to join a forward-thinking, friendly, exciting business.
About the role
As a 1st Line IT Support you will be part of a warm, friendly and forward thinking IT team and will be responsible for supporting them with the general challenges of everyday tasks. You will be expected to deal with a range of IT related issues in an organised and timely manner. No day will be the same in this fast-paced and exciting new role! You will continually strive to provide great customer service and will always be ready for the challenges you may face. You will be meticulous and patient in what you do and be able to demonstrate trust and confidentiality. A good sense of humour will be a virtue!
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical; Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose, and solve hardware/software issues.
- Manage Helpdesk; Ensure helpdesk tickets are logged, escalated, and resolved in a timely manner
- Build; Build PCs, tablets, laptops, and mobile phones to the approved specification
- Assets Management; Administering the corporate IT asset database
- Backups; Administer backup media and escalating faults
- Check and report; Consumable stock levels and Security reports
- User Management;Administer application user accounts.
- Web; Assist customers with technical web related queries.
The successful candidate will have:
- It is essential for the candidate to have a desire for a career in IT
It is desirable for the candidate to have 3 or more GCSE (or equivalent) and a certificate in an IT related discipline
- Be organised and have good time keeping
- Have good verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail, discretion and trustworthy
- Great customer service skills
Perks of Pilgrim Foodservice
- Competitive salary
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Recommendation recruitment bonus
- Continuous training
- Eden Red Employee Platform
- Discounted gym membership
If you are interested and/or would like to know more, please apply or get in touch and a member of the althaus team will call you to discuss this opportunity further!