An Aerospace Engineer Degree Apprenticeship will prepare you for a career within our engineering and design teams, over a four year programme. Examples of target occupations/functions listed below
Design Engineering - Design Engineers are involved from the early phases of concept development right through to design, supporting in-service product repairs and upgrades. You will work closely with our customers to provide innovative solutions to a variety of wing related components, sub-assemblies and complex integrated assemblies.
Analysis - Analysis Engineers work closely with all engineering functions. Key activities include loadsets, sizing, optimisation, strength, and test reports.
Manufacturing Engineering - Manufacturing Engineers operate across the whole business, from product concepts through to design, procurement, manufacturing and end-product support. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will work closely with Design, Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Customers and Suppliers to achieve world class cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- To observe the company's terms and conditions of employment
- In both work and training, be diligent and punctual and attend courses, keep records and take tests to be determined by the company in order to achieve the training objectives and quality gates
- To behave in a responsible manner and in accordance with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation relating to the individual's responsibilities
- To promote the company's name and image with respect and diplomacy
- To successfully complete all activities documented in the Aerospace Engineer Degree Apprentice Training Agreement
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Self motivation and ability to organise own workload working within a team
- Drive and initiative
- A genuine interest and aptitude for engineering
Minimum entry requirements are two A-levels or equivalent at grade A*-C/9-4. These must include:
- Science (Physics or Chemistry) or equivalent engineering bias qualification
Please note for engineering equivalent qualifications you must specify units contained within the qualification and also specify the grading achieved for each unit I.e. Pass / Merit / Distinction. Also, Level 3 Tech Extended Diploma Qualifications must contain Further Mathematics and Further Mechanical Principles units. Failure to give this level of detail will result in your application not being progressed furtherFuture prospects
This Apprenticeship will be the perfect platform for a career in engineering.Things to consider
GKN's recruitment team are handling initial applications via their own website.
If you are shortlisted to move to the next stage, your contact details will be shared with the Apprenticeship team at Weston College who are managing the next stage of the process so they will contact you by phone and/ or e-mail with details of the next assessment stage.