This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career in Accountancy, allowing you to gain a qualification and experience whilst earning a wage!
Working in an office, your duties will include the following:
- prepare accounting schedules
- control accounts
- VAT Returns
- assist in audits
- liaise with HM Revenue & Customs & Companies House
- carry out ad hoc duties for a portfolio of clients ranging from Sole Traders to Limited Companies and Charities.
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Professional Accountancy Taxation Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT certificate level professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
Possibility of continuing employment with the firm until completion of professional qualification with some financial support towards tuition.
Skills & Personal Qualities Required
- good practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel
- excellent numeracy skills
- able to produce work to a high degree of accuracy
- ability to follow instructions
- punctual & organised
- good communication skills
- pay attention to detail
- able to work within strict deadlines
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade C/4 and above, to include Maths & English Language
- To be eligible for Level 4 AAT, you must have completed Level 3 AAT already
Small, professional and well established accountancy firm that has operated for over 40 years and has trained many accounting students. A suitable place to obtain valuable experience across the spectrum of the accountancy field.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more.