Investing in your future
Financial Markets Apprenticeship Programme
Our Front Office Financial Markets Apprenticeship is a unique 3-year programme with the opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ and gain an industry recognised qualifications through the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI) Capital Markets and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 qualifications. If you have a bright mind and you want to get ahead in your career in an exciting and fast-paced environment we want to hear from you.
Salary: £28,000 (growing year on year, linked with performance)
Entry requirements: We’re looking for potential, not academics
About Financial Markets
Financial Markets supports clients in managing trading risk, raising capital and diversifying investments. It’s a business about relationships and working closely with clients across our global network.
Our clients include large corporations, governments, banks and investors operating or investing in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe and Americas. We offer our clients a comprehensive range of products which means there’s lots for you to learn and get involved in.
About the Financial Markets Apprenticeship Programme
- You’ll start on our bespoke 9-month foundation programme designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to fast-track you to the Level 6 Apprenticeship while gaining qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI)
- The Level 6 Apprenticeship leading to a CFA Level 1 qualification will be fully funded by us, and will combine tailored external learning with on-the-desk training across sales, trading and our credit business
- Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be offered a full-time position in front office busines
What you’ll gain
- An introduction into Financial Markets, working alongside our professionals and gaining experience of trading and client management
- A great start into banking by being immersed in the exciting and fast-paced trading floor environment
- Fully funded industry recognised Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI) Capital Markets and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 qualifications.
What you’ll do
- Have access to all areas of our Financial Markets business and its supporting functions to really learn how the business operates
- Apply your own thinking and share ideas with your team and colleagues
- Be excited and curious to broaden your learning
- Project work, including Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) initiatives.
Apprenticeships at Standard Chartered
Alongside classroom and on-the-desk learning, including those that will develop your communication and presentation skills, your day-to-day responsibilities will mean you’ll be contributing to the business from the outset. Mentors, peers and stakeholders will support you as you navigate the organisation with senior stakeholder engagement sessions and events to truly immerse you into the global Standard Chartered Bank network.
- We’re looking for potential, not academics, which means we won’t look at your grades, but we’d like to see that you’re committed to your learning and development beyond your GCSEs, which could be through traditional education, but doesn’t have to be.
- If you have a degree, you are unable to apply for this programme, but you can apply to one of our Graduate opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Hard working, resilient, with a drive to learn
- Able to build strong relationships and with good communication skills
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Has a curious and proactive approach with an open mindset
- Logical and an interest in understanding and analysing data.
If you're looking for a career with purpose and want to work for a bank making a difference, we'd love to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents and we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring. Join us and help shape our future, be on the frontier of banking and open a world of possibilities for yourself.
We’re setting the Standard.