Apprenticeships aren’t what they used to be. These days, they’re a platform for your generation to go on and own the future, and frankly, we love to see it. As a global tech leader, we connect millions of people and make all kinds of innovations possible – from making the UK’s first ever 5G holographic call, to #KeepingTheUKConnected and the Connected Living project with the disability charity Mencap. Our plans for the future are even more promising, and this is your chance to get hands-on and make it happen. With an Apprenticeship at Vodafone, you can start one step ahead.
Start date: September 2022
Duration of Programme: 3 years
Starting salary: £21,500; with a yearly salary increase & bonus
Location: This role will be based in London (Brentford). You can only make one application, so please ensure this is your location of choice for the role.
Application close date: 13th February 2022, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game-changing applications, so apply early!
About the Apprenticeship
With advancements in the world of tech, people and businesses need to keep one step ahead of ever-growing cyber threats and our world class technology security team leads the way with just that. We have a strong, international team of security professionals, ethical hackers, cyber-defence experts and architects working hard to maintain our existing services and designing security into new products as they come off the drawing board. To keep up to date with new threats and new technologies, we also need new minds like yours to expand our expertise into the future.
You could join us and make an impact in a number of teams across Cyber;
- Become a leader in the CDIM team, driving and coordinating our response to cyber security incidents
- CDTI promotes a thoughtful mind! Identify and respond to threats as well as well as proactively hunt potential cyber risks.
- Want to test the limits of security infrastructure? Our team of Penetration Testers bring security vulnerabilities to light in virtual and physical environments.
- Does Cyber Forensics sound interesting to you? Our CERT team conducts investigations into system hardware or software and uncovers the steps leading up to a cyber incident.
With a combination of digital and classroom-based learning, you’ll take modules in Algorithm and program design, defense programming, security management systems, Quantitative & qualitative risk management and more. You’ll gain hands-on experience working alongside industry leaders who’ll share their knowledge with you. And you’ll develop into a Cyber expert who can analyse, model, assess and manage cyber security risks; design, develop, and operate secure solutions; and detect and respond to cyber threats.
At the end of the 3 years, you’ll have a BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional degree.
What you will need
• To be 18 years old or over as of 1 September 2022
• GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
• 3 A-Levels including ICT or Maths, gained by September 2022 (or equivalent qualifications in a similar subjects)
- A Level 3 Apprenticeship
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3
- A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
• To be eligible to work in the UK and not in full-time education
• To have lived in the UK and/or EU for three years or more
• To be willing to or be located in England for the duration of the Apprenticeship
You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree or masters in a similar subject).
We're committed to recruiting the best people, whatever their background. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, we'd be happy to talk to you about making reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process that will enable you to be your best.
You could have entry level qualifications, or you might be interested in Advanced, Higher or Degree level apprenticeships. Whatever your plans, an Apprenticeship at Vodafone is your platform to start one step ahead. A hands-on education with real-world qualifications and industry experts who’re invested in you. This is the chance to make an impact from day one in a workplace where you’ll feel welcome – it’s a proper job with a proper salary and benefits to match. At Vodafone, an Apprenticeship is so much more than what you expect.
All you have to do, is start
Apprenticeships aren’t what they used to be. You could have entry level qualifications, or you might be interested in Advanced, Higher or Degree level Apprenticeships. Whatever your plans, an Apprenticeship at Vodafone is your ideal next step.
You’ll be trusted with exciting projects from day one, where you can learn, and make a genuine difference, all while being in an environment that empowers you and your development.
You’ll find it all, exclusive to Vodafone Apprenticeships.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.