A Graduate Consultant is required for Procura, a management consultancy in London. The role involves working closely with experienced consultants to deliver procurement cost reduction projects. This 6 month GBP internship starts in Sept 2019, with a permanent graduate offer for the right candidate.
Procura Consulting Ltd is a thriving boutique management consultancy firm.
We are specialists in procurement cost reduction. Our consultants work closely with all kinds of organisations to improve their profitability through identifying, delivering and maintaining savings in procurement expenditure.
Our business is rapidly expanding and we need dynamic and committed people to support our growth. If you have got the talent and the attitude, we'll give you the responsibility and the rewards.
Responsibility starts early at Procura. In your graduate role, you will work closely with experienced consultants to deliver procurement cost reduction projects. You'll need to be energetic and highly motivated with the passion to achieve outstanding results.
Our projects span across a variety of sectors. You could be presenting to a board of NHS executives one week and then rolling up your sleeves up to interview workers on food production line the next. We will expect you to quickly develop your consulting, procurement and project management skills to become a leader in our business.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. We bring the company together once a month for people to get to know each other, share knowledge and have a good time. These meetings are supplemented by weekends away and our global annual conference.
The route from Graduate to Consultant is a well-trodden path and is ideal for candidates who wish to kickstart their career in management consulting. Graduates will be reviewed regularly throughout the first six months, and exceptional performance will be rewarded with promotion and a salary increase.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying issues and forming hypotheses and solutions
- Interacting with stakeholders, at all levels
- Supply market and product analysis
- Spend analysis
- Development of sourcing strategies
- Supporting tender and e-auction processes
- Supporting supplier negotiations
- Presenting findings and recommendations to clients
- Supporting internal projects, such as recruitment
Training and Development opportunities
You will work as part of a team of experienced management consultants, working for multiple clients across multiple projects. You will have a high level of exposure to management consultancy and rapidly develop an understanding of professional services delivery.
Formal training opportunities during the internship will include:
- Procurement fundamentals training
- In-house MS Excel and PowerPoint training
- Employability skills training course
Following the 6 month graduate scheme, successful candidates will be offered a full-time position as a Junior Consultant. You will then have the opportunity to develop your consultancy skill and gain qualifications from:
- The Institute of Consulting
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
- Association for Project Management
- PRINCE2 Project Management
Level of Support
Day-to-day an experienced consultant will provide 1 to 1 mentoring while you work together on the client site. Whilst you will be fully supported, you will need to be self-managed and pro-active.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- While working on client sites all travel, hotels and meals (excluding lunch) will be paid for.
- We will never expect you to work at weekends.
- Final year student or recent graduate from a top UK university.
- A background in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Economics or similar. This does not have to be at degree level.
Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Clear understanding of technical issues
- Clear and logical thinking
- Very good communication skills
- Strong service delivery ethos
- Able to prioritise and work pro-actively
- Copes well with pressure and challenges
- Can effectively work as part of a team
- Excellent English, written and spoken, with other languages being an advantage
- Results driven
Skills and Understanding
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments
- Strong data management and data analysis skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft MS-Excel and other MS Office applications
- Knowledge of data transformation tools
- Experience in effective data visualisation
- Final year student or graduated from a top UK university within the last 3 years.
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship
- Closing Date: 18/02/2019
- Assessment Centre: 1/3/2019 (More dates may be added depending on the number of successful applicants).
- Start Date: 16/09/2019
- End Date: 6 months (and will offer a full-time role for the right candidate)
To make an application, download the application form from and email it to us by clicking APPLY NOW