Our award-winning apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to gain qualifications, hands-on experience as well as personal and professional development. You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. We deal with thousands of cyber-attacks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses.
- You will be responsible for working with project teams to ensure the success of a wide variety of Security projects.
- You will learn to use different methodologies such as waterfall and agile (which are much sought after skills) and understand what needs to be achieved, how it will be achieved and how much it will cost.
- You will work alongside an experienced team and will gradually be assigned your own projects, building your expertise in areas such as project delivery, communication, reporting, risk management and project leadership.
If you think you are well organised (or would like to be!), enjoy working in a structured way with others, this could be the perfect role for you.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You'll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) two A-Levels with a minimum of BCC grades
- You'll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English and maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
Things to consider
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our roles, you may be required to undergo Security Clearance. Don't worry, our Early Careers teams will talk you through this if needed.