Client projects are hugely varied in scope, size, and complexity from private sector deployments taking only a few days to University cross-campus infrastructure refreshes rolled-out over several months.
The Engineer Apprentice will spend time working in deployment as well as technical support.
In relation to deployment and under the guidance of a Senior Engineer, the Engineer Apprentice will:
- Assist with pre-staging services, physically connecting equipment and applying baseline template configurations
- Visit client site and carry out hands-on tasks to physically deploy and connect equipment under instruction
- Record data and information for necessary documentation
- Perform software updates and upgrades
- Assist with resolution of Cisco support cases with Technical Assistance Centre (TAC)
- Learn and apply software development and scripting skills for automation (e.g. Python)
- Research deployment guides, field notices, and bug issues
In relation to technical support and under the guidance of a Senior Engineer, the Engineer Apprentice will:
- Monitor for client incidents, events, and problems using specialist monitoring tools
- Log and triage client support cases as first line, based on client service level agreements (SLA)
- Apply best practice processes and procedures for handling client inbound cases
- Record and progress support cases through our NetSuite case management platform
- Provide case management support in relation to Cisco TAC cases
- Use our in-house lab to simulate and replicate issues
- Run reporting tools and create reports for clients as part of our managed service
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Candidates suited to this role will have:
- Curiosity and passion keeping pace with current and emerging technology and its potential applications
- Resourcefulness and self-motivation to learn and seek answers to questions
- Tenacity to solve problems and reach completion
- Willingness for self-study and the desire to attain relevant industry certifications
- Personable approach and positive mindset to their work that naturally creates relationships with clients who may be technical or non-technical
- Ability to question and challenge without confronting
- Proactive approach to teamwork with ITGL colleagues and clients
Discipline in their approach, especially in the use of tools, systems and processes that strengthen our ability to deliver projects.Desired qualifications
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree or masters in a similar subject)
- A-level or equivalent qualification
To be discussed during the apprenticeship.Things to consider
- To be eligible to work in the UK and not in full-time education
- To have lived in the UK and/or EU forthreeyears or more
ITGL is a friendly and supportive working environment, in fact our people say it is like a family. Everyone is valuable, and everyone makes a difference.
'Partners in Positivity' captures our attitude to everything we do. We expect excellence from all our people and we do what is right, not just what is easiest. We bring positivity to work no matter how challenging the situation, and strive to be judged on the positive impact we have on our clients and society.
We are currently recruiting apprentices across different areas of the business. This will be an opportunity to become part of that group and to develop your skills on the job while gaining your qualification from the University of Roehampton.