This opportunity could be your first step in a career within the food industry which has so many possibilities! Our Degree Apprenticeship roles for this year focus on Food Technical. Once a new product has been developed by our chefs, the Technical team then work towards bringing these products into production whilst maintaining the safety and integrity of the product. This includes:
- Developing the production process
- Ingredient specifications
- Packaging information
- Product life
- Quality & safety of food at all stages of production
You would have 3 x 1-year placements which would be into real job roles with real responsibilities during your programme. During this time, you will undertake a degree in Food Industry Technical Professional through our academic partner Sheffield Hallam. You may know that Sheffield Hallam is a National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering, featuring in the 2020 Good University Guide for teaching quality, and currently rated 82% for student satisfaction. A number of our existing group colleagues are alumni and as we have been working in partnership with the university for a number of years we know you will be well supported by a team who are as passionate about food, nutrition and health as we are.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to quality, hygiene & safety
- A passion for learning, and strong ambition to reach your full potential
- Ability to take a flexible approach to work and working hours
- As placements could be at any of our business locations, the flexibility to re-locate is key and we will provide you with relocation support
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent)in maths & English Language
- Plus, a minimum of 96 UCAS points from 3 A Levels or equivalent BTEC National Qualifications (excluding General Studies) (or equivalent)
- At least one A level in a science or food technology(or equivalent)
We will provide you with future learning and career development opportunities to reach your full potential within our Group.Things to consider
Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths. We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.
Sheffield Hallam University welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.