The MS&T Technician roles at the CGT Catapult Manufacturing Innovation Centre in Braintree are required to directly support MS&T activities, which includes optimisation and characterisation of Manufacturing and Quality Control processes.
The MS&T Technicians will complete all department documentation in a manner compliant with the principle of ALCOA. i.e. Attributable, Legible, Contemporaneous, Original, and Accurate. The MS&T Technician will also be responsible for data entry and signing responsibility for in-laboratory actions. These records may include but are not limited to cell culture, filtration, purification, concentration, analytical and preparation steps.
- Execute direct activities e.g. cell culture, filtration, purification, concentration, analytical and preparation steps, in the MS&T laboratories in line with department SOPs and policy
- Complete area operations in line with department safety, COSHH, product and process Risk Assessments, and with all actions and control measures executed as required
- Maintain laboratory areas and equipment in a clean and safe manner according to relevant SOPs
- Contribute to the MS&T equipment and area planned maintenance and calibration activities as required
- Direct ALCOA compliant completion of all MS&T related documentation including Laboratory Notebooks and area/equipment logbooks
- Assist in the direct delivery of the agreed MS&T project plans
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop technical writing skills and execute work with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of HSE
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Strong interest in Cell and Gene Therapies.Desired qualifications
You will need two A-Levels (or equivalent) including biology, or have completed a Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship in a relevant science discipline.
GCSE grade 4/ C (or equivalent) in English and maths.Future prospects
There may be the opportunity to progress within the organisation subject to performance and applicable vacancies.Things to consider
- 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days + bank hols
- £16,000 per annum plus £2,000 expenses