You'll be working with operational and office-support functions to identify the metrics to measure performance and deliver the insight we need. Ensuring consistent and accurate data will be at the heart of what you do.
- Use BI tools to create informative dashboards and reports
- Expand your SQL knowledge to build queries to extract the required data for reporting
- Work with the business to define dashboard or report requirements
- Document requirements so deliverables match business expectations
- Manage your time to deliver outputs on time and within scope
- Build up experience in data analysis and how to use data effectively
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
What you'll need:
- Confidence to engage with colleagues across the business
- Some working knowledge of how to convert data into engaging visualisations
- Some experience in SQL coding would be beneficial
- MS Office experience, especially Excel
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated but with the ability to work collaboratively with different teams across the business
- Excellent levels of attention to detail to ensure your work is accurate and high quality
A bit about you...
What we've mentioned above are really important attributes, but there's also some extra bits that we like to see too:
- Computer literate and confident using new technology systems - we can teach you how to use our systems, but MS office / 365 / MS Teams skills are important to us
- Demonstrate resilience and agility in your approach to work - we're fast paced and sometimes we'll need to juggle or prioritise
- Being creative (think blank canvas!) - we love hearing new ideas from our colleagues about how we can do things better
- Being friendly and flexible - we're big enough to make a difference, but small enough to care and a relatively small team. We all know each other by name and we're always there for each other so that we get the job done, even when we're asked to do something that's not always in our job description!
- Passion and initiative to progress your career in a company with a supportive and progressive team
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- Data Administrator
- Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Things to consider
- 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks
What's in it for you?
- £19,000 per annum starting salary, increasing upon completion of your formal training
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 with length of service, plus all public holidays).
- Annual bonus of up to 10% of salary
- Great benefits to enjoy with family members, from our healthcare, wellbeing, and cash plan policy
- Gym discounts
- Employee assistance program.
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Pension (free advice through an independent financial advisor to help you with your financial planning and saving for your future)
- You'll get great training, lots of support and become part of a friendly team, that recognises and rewards high performance
What makes us different?
- Casual dress code - every day!
- Health and Wellbeing platform
- Office snacks and refreshments
- Open plan 'living office' environment, and our "cosy room" for quiet contemplation or a "good book"
- Summer and December parties
- Opportunities to get involved in charity and wellbeing initiatives
- Free fruit (to help with your 5 a day)
- Lunch delivery service
- We're people not job titles
- We win really great awards - we actually need a bigger cabinet!
Our values are rooted in honesty, empathy and transparency - for our employees, our customers and our clients. That's why equality, diversity and inclusion are so important to us; because when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, that's all we ask.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.