Working in our Norwich head office, a successful candidate will work alongside an established financial adviser in order to prepare written advice and provide them with technical research services covering a wide variety of advice types. They will need to ensure that the preparation of advice for clients is of the highest quality whilst mitigating any risks to the business, assisting with the achievement of business targets and providing an excellent service to our clients.
- Prepare suitability reports appropriate to level of experience and under relevant supervision.
- Ensure all relevant compliance paperwork has been carried out (paper and electronic based files)
- Carry out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process. This includes liaising with providers and collating information on investments, pensions and other products.
- Maintain core systems ensuring that all tasks are carried out and completed in line with the company policy and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of, and act in accordance with, all Compliance and legislative obligations
- Discuss client objectives with the relevant Financial Planner, identifying necessary client
- information in order to prepare the necessary suitability check.
- Accurately and efficiently support the Financial Planning team to enable the achievement of
- targets and meet client expectations.
- Regularly participate in team meetings, including highlighting issues and owning actions through to resolution.
- Awareness of industry changes, including suitability report requirements.
- Maintaining CPD and FCA knowledge, in line with company and CII requirements.
- Keep advisers updated with progress and liaise with them to expedite completion of advice.
Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience, plus an enrolment into a Paraplanning apprenticeship with Skills Edge. The successful completion of this apprenticeship gives the learner the status of Cert PFS (Paraplanning) with the CII
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Proficient IT skills in core Microsoft Office systems
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention todetail
- Experience in a wide variety of advice types
- Cash flow analysis
- FE Analytics
- Great interpersonal skills
- A desire to further develop and to undertake relevant examinations
- Minimum GCSE grades C/4 and above in English and maths
- Completion of A Levels or level 3 qualification
- Or equivalents
To become a qualified paraplanner or can transition over to a trainee financial adviser in the future.