Our apprentice programme starts in September 2022, you will join one of our Global Technology teams in a full time role whilst studying for a three year Digital Technology Degree.
You'll spend 80% of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant and valuable skills, contributing to exciting projects whilst being exposed to cutting-edge technology and see first-hand how first-class organisations operate systems.
The remaining 20% of your time you'll follow an established apprenticeship programme,graduating after three years with a Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions.
Apprentices work in all parts of the Technology organisation in roles ranging from business analysis, data science, software engineering, infrastructure engineering, system security, and technology operations. Apprentices evolve during the programme based on their career aspirations, and depending on how quickly their technical and soft skills develop. We encourage apprentices to take advantage of employee networks, and all other resources made available to them to accelerate their career.
Successful apprentices will continuously relate what they are learning with their work at Bank of America, as they progress through their degree programme. The apprenticeship will support you in developing in key elements of the role below:
1) Data Gathering
- Understanding a problem statement, a technology or business requirement
- Build relationships throughout the organisation irrespective of location, and access systems to collate data
- Establish a data quality process and apply it to the data to fill gaps and correct data points
- Organise and store data so that it can be easily accessed and presented
(2) Data Analysis
- Apply a process or framework to translate data into information for the purpose of solving problem statements or meeting a requirement
- Critically reviewing information and clearly stating your assumptions
- Apply information to support your technology solution proposal. Present your proposal to your stakeholders and obtain their sign-off
- Plan the implementation work. Identify the risks, issues and dependencies, and manage them during the course of the implementation
- Provide regular and transparent updates on your progress. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders regularly
- Produce mock-ups or prototypes
- Deliver your solution within the agreed timeline
- Comply with all rules, regulations and policies, and document your work
The broad purpose of the occupation is to understand a client's requirements as provided in design specification and then build and test high-quality code solutions to deliver the bestoutcome.
Software developers are the creative minds behind computer programs. Some develop the applications that allow people to do specific tasks on a computer or another device. Others develop the underlying systems that run the devices or that control networks.
Organisations use software to ensure that their operations become ever more effective and robustly reduce the incidence of downtime by building quality tested software solutions to give a better service.
This can give an organisation a competitive advantage by being able to analyse significant amounts of data quickly and efficiently to provide the business with information and management systems.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
A keen interest and understanding in the below would be beneficial:
- Financial services
- System design and architecture, including networking
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), the Scrum framework, lean Agile, and DevOps
- Database systems and business intelligence tools
- Service management within Technology
Essential and desired competencies
- An enthusiastic learner with the intellectually curiosity to explore new ways to solve problems and meet requirements
- Work as part of a team and on your own effectively
- Communicate clearly with diverse groups of colleagues
- Hold or predicted to achieve at least 3 A levels/BTEC or equivalent with a minimum of 104 UCAS points
- Have at least a grade C or 5 in Maths and English Language GCSE (4 will not be accepted) or equivalent
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to train further or a permanent position may be on offer.Things to consider
A competetive salary is on offer
You should not have completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
Bank of America is committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview,