To support operation of the nursery facilities and staff, to ensure a high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and care is delivered at all times. Responsible for company adherence to Banana Moon policies and procedures. Consistently meeting legislative requirements and following education curriculum, delivering standards which ensure the highest possible inspection grading.
To assist the training, support, mentoring, role modelling and supervision of their staff team inspiring and leading ambitious practice. To create a safe, caring and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
To promote a successful business with a first class reputation, engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst providing excellent customer care.
Acting as a named co-ordinator relevant to their skills or training as designated by the Nursery Manager.
• To liaise with the Manager/Deputy to ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Banana Moon Franchise are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
• Maintain and promote the brand of Banana Moon Franchise.
• To be responsible for the management of the room, role modelling, inspiring and supporting ambitious practice.
• Respond professionally to complaints (verbal/written), recording and reporting to management and assisting positively with and actions required.
• Assist with Head Office Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections and support staff to action all recommendations within the agreed time scale.
• Ensure room ratios are in line with policy and rotas are adhered to, supervising staff breaks efficiently.
• Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance are accurate.
• Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk assessments, hazard logs and documentation as set out in the operational plan.
• To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
• Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and reporting any concerns to the DSL.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice, ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
• To administer first aid and medication as appropriate and keeping the manager informed of any actions.
• Implement Self-Evaluation plans, supporting room practitioners in actions.
• Involvement in staff meetings, arranging agendas for room meetings which support continually evolving high standards of practice.
• Identify, via staff supervisions and staff/room observations, training requirements of practitioners and request appropriate training via the Manager.
• Monitor and record staff performance, discussing any concerns or achievements with the Manager, to ensure professional development plans are actively in place.
• Participate in the induction process for new practitioners and students, continuing a programme of mentoring and guidance to the probationary review.
• Delegate roles and tasks amongst the team to utilise individual's skills and knowledge and enhance professional development.
• Participate in safer recruitment process, providing trial feedback on candidates.
• To cascade information to the team, ensuring all are updated on new and events.
• Oversee the observation, assessment and room planning, to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children's individual needs and interests.
• To understand key children's culture, level of development and identify next steps.
• To oversee the record keeping system for children's development and support staff in completing and maintaining these records on a regular basis with quality meaningful observations and assessments and to involve parents in the process of planning and sharing of children's progress.
• Ensure that children's developmental records are detailed and up to date, to collate information for accurate tracking purposes and informative monitoring.
• Oversee the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed, liaising closely with parents and staff to ensure home life and children's interests are utilised for reassurance.
Customer Service Operations
• Actively promote services to entice prospective customers and ensure the retention of families.
• To participate in informative, professional and welcoming show rounds to prospective customers.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive family information whilst adhering to child protection policy and procedures.
• Contribute to nursery communication with parents via newsletters, parent's evenings, open days/evenings, building and maintaining strong key person relationships.
To undertake such other duties as reasonably requested by the Manager to work in a flexible way when occasions that tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job description.
Requirements and prospects
To be able to work well with other team members
To have initiative and creativity, especially as a leader
To have strong leadership skills
To be kind, patient and compassionate, a must when working with little children
To be committed to the nursery, and have integrity
To be Level 3 qualified
To have a safeguarding qualification as well as pediatric first aid certificate - Must bring all qualifications to interview
To have a current DBS and be on the update service; passport to be in date to check residency status and ID
Potential of progressing to third in charge.
Things to consider
There is a workplace pension scheme available and if children need to come to the nursery, then there is a 50% discount on the fees. It cannot be free because new staff might be needed each time a child starts to meet child/staff ratio. Each member of staff gets their birthday off and not as a holiday. There's also a monthly "Staff of the Month" when the winner wins a day spa or Marks and Spencer Voucher.