What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Drawing up plans using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Making sure jobs meet building regulations and health & safety requirements
- Coordinating the work of technicians and trades on site
- Managing engineering inspections and design / installation programmes
- Meeting with specialist equipment manufactures & suppliers to keep up to date with new product development
- Working on projects such as schools, hospitals and commercial buildings
You will work towards a Level 4 Building Services Engineering Apprenticeship through Leeds College of Building.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the Level 4 apprenticeship, many of our apprentices progress on to our Degree Apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade B (5)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B (5)) Essential
Other STEM A-Level / Level 3 qualification (Grade pass) Desired Things to consider
As this role may involve working across a number of sites, we need you to be flexible and willing to travel.