Work at the heart of BBC operations, learning to coordinate, support and managing the digital side of the business. Use data to improve some of the BBC’s best-known services and change the creative landscape. All while studying for a degree from the New College of Humanities and an apprenticeship qualification awarded by The Institute of Apprenticeships & Technical Education.
Start date: September 2022
Duration: 3 years
Salary: £15,074 (+ London Living Allowance of £4,729 for London based roles)
Apprenticeships available: 5
Location(s): Belfast and London
Typical roles following the scheme: Junior Business Analyst
Leading to: a role at the BBC with a starting salary of £27,000 or more (plus London Weighting Allowance for London based roles)
This apprenticeship will introduce you to specialist and strategist knowledge with a strong focus on Business Analytics and develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Data Analysis and the fast changing world of the Business and developing your future career/career pathway.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will be based within either our Cyber Security team or Commercial and Supplier Management teams in either Belfast or London (depending on your preferred location).
Further information on our hiring teams are:
BBC Technology Group - Information Security (Cyber) (Belfastx2, Londonx1) - BBC InfoSec is a specialist team within BBC Technology Group that helps keep BBC information secure. The team advises on best practice, deals with threats and manages potential cyber-attacks across the BBC globally. Working with our InfoSec teams you will develop skills and knowledge to perform security risk assessments for a range of IT and Production systems and propose solutions jointly with InfoSec Specialists. Perform a business impact analysis in response to a security incident and follow a disaster recovery plan to meet elements of a given business continuity plan.
BBC Technology Group - Commercial and Supplier Management (2x London) – This is a crucial team within Technology Group who are responsible for the provision of proactive commercial advice to BBC stakeholders at all levels of the BBC. They ensure the BBC attains best value from its commercial relationships and adopts best practice in their management and to lead best practice in commercial matters across the BBC.
Take a look at the candidate pack and job description for more details about the role.
Are you the right candidate?
To be eligible for an apprenticeship, you must:
- Be aged 18 or over when the course starts in September 2022
- Have Maths and English GCSEs or Standard Grades (Scotland) at 9-4 (A-C) or equivalent
- Have A levels/Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications and experience, we shall be seeking A-B grades in math as this apprenticeship has modules in mathematical structures. Other A-level results can be C or higher. We welcome anyone with a computer science further education award (such as BTEC).
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK, Ireland or the European Economic Area (EEA), for at least three years before the start of the apprenticeship. Or have either pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme and lived in the UK, EEA or Gibraltar for at least three years.
We’ll ask you to give examples to show you:
- Love numbers and are passionate about Business Analysis as well as data manipulation.
- Want to work in a data driven department, for example in business intelligence, data assurance, data quality, commercial, technology services.
- Are able to communicate data effectively and have a passion to becoming more data orientated.
- Want to work with data on a regular basis, generating reports, analysing data, or crunching numbers using spreadsheets.
- Are motivated and self-driven.