We are delighted to launch our 2022 School Leavers programme which has been created to guide you on the right path to succeed within a professional services organisation.
Deciding on your career path is an important and somewhat challenging decision, but it can also be a really exciting one.
Our School Leavers Programme offers you the chance to gain practical work experience and build core business skills. You’ll be supported to achieve professional qualifications (AAT & ACA) whilst you earn a salary.
As a school leaver you can expect real variety in the work that you will conduct. You will be undertaking client-facing work and adding value at every stage – including some very high-profile deals. We will ensure that you have the support, guidance and resources that comes from a collaborative environment, where fresh perspectives are encouraged, and questions are welcomed. School Leavers are an important part of the team from the start, with real scope to play your part in shaping our future.
What to expect:
Years 1 and 2: Your foundation year will help you transition into life at Interpath and develop your professional skills and knowledge. Alongside client work you will complete the AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping and the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting.
Years 3, 4 and 5: You will continue your development at Interpath through a range of learning opportunities and experiences that you will encounter. You’ll progress in terms of your studies and work towards your Level 7 qualification and apprenticeship.
- Work alongside others in the team to provide support on financial or operational advisory, restructuring and/or insolvency assignments.
- Support the team’s production of reports/output on advisory/restructuring projects and all aspects of insolvency assignments.
- Participating in marketing events, together with research and targeting of new client opportunities and development of client proposals. This will include the development of internal and external contacts.
- Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Interpath offerings.
- Curious about how businesses operate, with the ability to critically evaluate and interpret different data and information sources
- Opportunity to develop communication skills across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Minimum 6 GCSEs Grades A*- C or 4 - 9 (inc. Maths at minimum B or Level 5 and English Language)
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BBC at A Level or equivalent qualifications)
At Interpath we look at more than just academic results. We review the written element of the application to ensure that students have the best opportunity to demonstrate both academic and cultural fit to ensure realisation of their full potential.
Embrace different: from cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we’re inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
Do the right thing: our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
All hands on deck: we stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find the answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
Passion drives success: the impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we’re never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it’s only by delivering this that we win.
How to Apply:
You can apply for the role here. You will be required to upload your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and your interest in joining Interpath. You will also need to answer a few short questions in our online registration form.
Whilst you may apply to a specific office location, you will likely be required to work flexibly across the region, at Interpath offices, client sites and with varying levels of home working.
Application deadline: 25th February 2022
Expected start date: September 2022