- Location: Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9RQ (hybrid working)
- Apprenticeship programme: Advertising & Media Executive (Delivered by Bauer Academy)
- Duration: 24 Months
- Start Date: October 2022
Ogilvy has been producing iconic, culture-changing marketing campaigns since the day its founder David Ogilvy opened up shop in 1948.
Our vision is to inspire brands and people to impact the world. To create big ideas that make a significant contribution to the planet, society, and the bottom line. We believe that in today’s world, this is the best way for our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
We do this by breaking down the barriers that restrict talent and ideas.
This is why our teams work fluidly across 5 capabilities: Advertising, Innovation, Experience, PR and Health. This allows us to not only operate but innovate at the intersection of capabilities and talent. We believe impact and magic lies at this intersection. Ogilvy scales this by seamlessly connecting and accessing the deep cultural expertise of 132 offices in 83 countries.
The result is multifaceted ideas for our clients that drive impact and are born from the intersection of platform x culture x technology.
We call this Borderless Creativity.
As an Account Management Apprentice at Ogilvy you are learning the core skills of managing and making that will form the basis of your future career in creative communications. Over time, you’ll be able to take on smaller creative projects, which you will manage end to end with the guidance and support of more experienced colleagues.
The key requirements of this role are:
- A can-do attitude combined with a strong desire to learn and grow
- A passion for creativity and the work
- Strong potential to develop relationships with others based on mutual respect and partnership
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Through your Apprenticeship, you will undertake 4 rotations in Advertising, Brand & Content (ABC), PR & Influence and Experience, ending with a final specialised placement to be agreed upon following your End Point Assessment. On a day-to-day basis you could be working on:
- Working towards an Advertising and Media Executive Level 3 Qualification
- Establishing and building relationships internally with the different crafts; Strategy, Creative, Account Management, Programme Management, Production, Media, etc
- Providing administrative support, including status reports, meeting scheduling, budget tracking, competitor reviews etc.
- Working with and learning about Advertising, B2B, Customer Engagement and Commerce, PR and Influence and Social and wider capabilities within Ogilvy.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with junior-level clients as you grow into your role
- Assisting with project management/workflow system data entry and reporting
- Beginning to ‘manage the making’ of communications assets and understand Ogilvy’s process and the overall production landscape as you become more experienced
- Managing small projects and supporting more senior colleagues on larger projects
- Working alongside planning and account management to produce simple creative briefs
- Basic analyses of client’s business results and competitive landscapes
- Working to anticipate upcoming needs and hurdles and providing ideas to mitigate
- Staying on top of your projects and their finance, including recognising scope change and knowing when to escalate
- Assisting with the onboarding of new team members
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable passion for all aspects of Ogilvy’s business and the industry
- A problem-solving mindset with a willingness to take on new challenges
- An ability to effectively collaborate
- Attention to detail
Applications close on 13th February 2022