Wetherspoon is looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join its hard-working teams. No previous experience is necessary and - as it recruits for personality and is a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme - Wetherspoon knows that it can teach you the skills to succeed.
Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
Pay and benefits include:
- starting salary of 24,336, increasing to 25,897 after training (there is additional pay-weighting within the M25 and at other selected locations)
- 40-hour working week
- 28 days' paid holiday
- company sick pay (after a qualifying period)
- bonus scheme (up to 25% of salary)
- complimentary meal at work
- off-duty employee discount of 20% (food, drinks and hotel accommodation)
- free shares in the company (after 18 months' service)
- pension scheme
- loyalty reward (additional holiday, after five years' service)
- future pub management opportunities
- when running a shift, taking responsibility for the pub's operation, including compliance with company operating standards and legislation, dealing with customers, administration and cash management
- leading, supporting and motivating the team
- prioritising tasks, delegating and problem-solving
- working a variety of shifts across the week (including front of house and in the kitchen)
- delivering high standards in all areas: cleanliness, product quality, customer service, maintenance and atmosphere
Alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship L4 which will take approximately 16 months. This is a blended learning experience, delivered on a one-to-one basis in your pub by an experienced trainer from Lifetime. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whatever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.