PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Research and Development Engineering Apprentice for our client, Kelvion. This role will involve gaining a knowledge of Kelvion products learning about the science behind our products. You will be working with the engineering and design team to produce prototypes suitable for testing and validation.
You will work with the test team analysing data so that products can be improved, eventually being able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake.
As an engineering technician apprentice this programme forms part of your companies succession planning for the future. The company will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process.
Training to be provided
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. This will start as 18 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
- Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 48 months
About the role
- As an engineering technician you will be working as part of a team providing support and expertise in this engineering manufacturing environment.
- As an engineering technician you will learn how to research existing products and processes identifying new technologies and ensuring that Kelvion equipment is at the forefront of the industry
- You will be working with the design team to produce prototypes and new designs for the engineering team to consider
- As an engineering technician you will learn how to develop and redesign existing products to improve performance, efficiency and lower costs
- You will be analysing the reliability of equipment and processes dealing with problems and ensuring new products are effective and reliable
- As an engineering technician you will learn how to oversee the engineering of product prototypes
- You will be working with the Test team analysing performance data from prototype products including functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity.
- As an engineering technician once you have gained the required experience you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- You will gain a level 1A LCS Lean Awareness qualification
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
- You will be working collaboratively with Kelvion teams within our European business
- There will be the opportunity to occasionally travel within the European footprint.
- Overtime available
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 16:30, Friday 08:00 - 13:30 (37.5 hours per week)
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths and English are essential.
- Your motivation, drive and focus are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
- You will be IT literate
- You will be objective, using factual information and data to make decisions
- You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You will possess good interpersonal and written writing skills
Kelvion are one of the leading global manufacturers of heat exchangers providing solutions for almost every industrial application. We specialise in customised solutions suitable for a variety of environmental conditions. We have an established apprenticeship programme which will support your development and enable you to achieve your full potential. We are looking for people with that something special, we can offer you exciting and challenging projects, if you buy into our can-do culture your career with us will be a success. Succession planning is an important part of our business culture, we consciously focus on the further development of our employees.
Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will receive an email with an application form on that you will need to complete. Please keep an eye on your inbox (and spam / junk folder) for this email and complete the form as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!