If youare looking for an alternative to a University basedDegree, this level 6 Aerospace Engineer Degree Apprenticeshipcould bethe perfect opportunity for you. In this Apprenticeship, you willgain a level 6Bachelor's Degree with no course fees whilst obtaining invaluable, paid experience in a real-world company.
The successful apprentices will:
- Complete relevant qualifications up to degree level with day release to a partnered college
- Work with engineers to provide technical support to large engineering firms worldwide.
- Develop CAD 3D Modelling skills to be able to produce parts to a professional industry standard delivering models and drawings to clients worldwide
- Work within a dynamic team to issue repair documentation to global airlines as part of the 24-hour support network.
- Develop supporting digital skills such as database management software and web development.
- Boost personal portfolios with industry recognised external training courses
- Receive training to provide the apprentice with the skills to seamlessly transition into a company position.
Daily duties may include:
- Develop CAD knowledge, skills and understanding of civil aircraft structures, by completing training tasks and participating in and assisting engineers on live jobs.
- Complete Placements looking at software development alongside additional training to help us as a business adapt to the new digital age.
- Complete 3D models and Drawings ready for checking and delivery to High profile clients.
- Partake in the engineering review process to improve technical and business knowledge.
- Develop professional skills by communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Managing college and work-based activities to keep up with the dynamic workload of the repair engineering team.
- Provide technical support within project-based tasks to assist project teams ranging from CAD to Microsoft Office software.
- Produce accurate records of personal development within the company such as logbooks.
- Involvement within the 'Young Engineers' team to plan future training opportunities and events and improve the current training/recruitment process for the future.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good time management
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Interest in using CAD software
- Motivation to self-learn
- Ability to be flexible working within different teams
- Ability to work under own initiative to meet college and company deadlines
- Show a genuine interest in the digital industry
- Have the focus and willingness to learn and improve
- Be a team player and leader
- Show a positive interest in aerospace engineering fields
- Show initiative to manage working and college deadlines whilst being challenged by new and exciting work opportunities
This isaDegree level Apprenticeship, so the same criteria asapplying for a University Degree applies:
Candidates should already have 7 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) or equivalents including maths and English, plus achieved or predicted grades in one of the following:
- Three A Levels at grade C or above (in relevant subjects such as Engineering or Computing and another of the following subjects: Maths, Physics and ICT)
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum) in a relevantsubject
- Extended Diploma at MMMin a relevantsubject
- Or other qualifications equivalent to 96 UCAS tariff points, in a relevantsubject, in addition to Level 2 English and mathematics
IMPORTANT: Starting the apprenticeship is subject to achieving your predicted grades successfully.Future prospects
With an exceptionally high retention rate of its trainees Belcan's Bristol office will train their apprentices with the skills required to transition into a full time Junior Engineer role after the apprenticeship duration.