If youare looking for an alternative to a University based IT Degree, this level 6 Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeshipcould bethe perfect opportunity for you. In this Apprenticeship, you willgain a level 6Bachelor's Degree with no course fees whilst obtaining invaluable, paid experience in a real-world company.
The successfulapprentices will:
- Complete relevant qualifications up to degree level with day release to a partnered college.
- Develop database management, web and software development skills to support engineers and explore the future of the engineering industry.
- Develop Software that can be implemented into the engineering teams to aid productivity and help workflow.
- Gain supporting engineering knowledge to aide your development as a digital and technology engineer.
- Boost personal portfolios with industry recognised external training courses.
- Receive training to provide the apprentice with the skills to seamlessly transition into a company position.
Daily Duties may include:
- Develop web development skills and coding skills to assist engineers through live jobs and by completing training material.
- Develop skills by developing software ready to be integrated into the engineering environment.
- Work with engineering teams to innovate new digital solutions to improve productivity and workflow.
- Develop professional skills by communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Managing college and work-based activities to keep up with the dynamic workload of the Digital and Technology team.
- Provide technical support within project-based tasks to assist engineering teams.
- Produce accurate records of personal development within the company such as logbooks.
- Involvement within the 'Young Engineers' team to plan future training opportunities and events and improve the current training/recruitment process for the future.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good time management
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Interest in developing web development and coding skills
- Motivation to self-learn
- Ability to be flexible working within different teams
- Ability to work under own initiative to meet college and company deadlines
- Show a genuine interest in the digital industry
- Have the focus and willingness to learn and improve
- Be a team player and leader
- Show a positive interest in aerospace engineering fields
- Show initiative to manage working and college deadlines whilst being challenged by new and exciting work opportunities
This isaDegree level Apprenticeship, so the same criteria asapplying for a University Degree applies:
Candidates should already have 7 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including maths and English, plus achieved or predicted grades in one of the following:
- Three A Levels at grade C or above (in relevant subjects such as Engineering or Computing and another of the following subjects: Maths, Physics and ICT)
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum) in a relevantsubject
- Extended Diploma at MMMin a relevantsubject
- Or other qualifications equivalent to 96 UCAS tariff points, in a relevantsubject, in addition to Level 2 English and mathematics
IMPORTANT: Starting the apprenticeship is subject to achieving your predicted grades successfully.Future prospects
With an exceptionally high retention rate of its trainees Belcan's Bristol office will train their apprentices with the skills required to transfer into a number of roles with examples being 'Cyber Security Network Engineer' 'Software Engineer' 'Business Analyst' 'Data Analyst' after the apprenticeship duration.