Fulfil all training and personal development obligations to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship standard.
Become competent in every step of the brewing process, including the intake of raw materials; all elements of preparation, control, processing, and filtering; the recording of the brewing process and the safe transfer of beer according to standard operating procedure.
Duties will include:
- Understand and be able to package beer into keg, and bottle.
- Be competent with regards to CIP
- cleaning of all brewing plant and equipment
- Maintain the brewing and production area in a clean, tidy organized and hygienic manner
- Complete all required quality
- checks and to maintain accurate written brewing records
- Engage in public-facing activities such as Markets, Trade events and taproom sales
- Carry out any other duties as required
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Display a passion for production and possess a high degree of creativity
- Enjoy variety and multi-tasking, be passionate about learning a new craft
- Be clear and confident communicator, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people internally and externally
- Be self-driven, hard-working, reliable and possess a determination to deliver excellence
- Be organised, resilient, positive, self-aware, and calm under pressure
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- The apprenticeship course requires good knowledge of maths, English and Scientific principles so you must have passed in these subjects at GCSE as well at least one A-level in a science-based subject
- The goal is for them to become the assistant brewer and head brewer over time