Springwood is a well established private nursery, based in Warrington, looking for dedicated, caring individuals to join their team. We are an Early Years nursery, offering care for babies and young children 0-5 to learn and develop throughout their time at with us. We adhere to the EYFS where a large emphasis is based on independence through free-choice play.
- Answering emails, phone calls and the taking and relaying of messages to staff members
- To ensure children's welfare and safety are your primary concern
- To learnresponsibility for a small group of 'Key Children' and completing observations and folders
- To liaise with parents/carers on a regular basis
- To display children's work, ensuring displays are labelled, neat and changed on a regular basis
- To attend any training deemed necessary to develop your career and improve performance
- To encourage child development through effective, age appropriate activities and play
- To ensure good practices are implemented regarding health and safety and hygiene
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification equivalent to GCSE's or A Levels
As part of your Apprenticeship you will learn how to:
- Organise activities calendars
- Ensure all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
- You will receive 1-1training with an award winning training provider
- Learn life skills
- To maintain high standards throughout the nursery, implementing all policies and procedures at all times.
What are we looking for?
- Somebody who is reliable and career driven
- Somebody who can work under their own initiative
- Somebody able to work flexibly
- You will be excellent at multi-tasking with superb attention to detail and organisational skills
As an apprentice you will be included on a L2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to care for others
- Good communication skills to build relationships with children, parents, carers, team members
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Willing to learn
No qualifications are required, (however, a L2 Early Years Practitioneror equivalent is a distinct advantage if wanting to go forward for the L3 Early Years Educator) if you already hold a L2 qualification please still apply.
You must be able to display a goodunderstanding of the English language both verbal and comprehension, and be competent in basic Mathematics.Future prospects
This vacancy is for a temporary position with the strong possibility of becoming permanent within Springwood Nursery upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. There will be the opportunity to continue your career in childcare with a supportive employer.Things to consider
Please note you could be asked to interview earlier than date given, as we are looking to fulfil this position as soon as possible. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Starting wage advertised is £4.30per hour. 30 hours per week. Wage may be higher depending on hours worked and previous experience working and hours may be 30-40 per week, so you must be flexible between the hours of 7.30 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Exact working hourswill be discussed at interview.
Apprenticeship standards Level 2 Early Years Practitioner/ L3 Early Years Educator
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Satisfactory references are required, and this position is subject to a DBS check at enhanced level.