As a Junior Web Developer, you will work with the digital marketing team, to proactively assist in the development and maintenance of the Companies external and internal facing websites and applications and progressively take part in design of digital systems throughout the organisation.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Redevelopment of legacy web and mobile applications
- Design and development of bespoke web and mobile applications
- The full software development life cycle from requirements and specifications to testing, quality assurance and maintenance
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience in the following is also desirable: GIT version control, MySQL, MVC Frameworks, especially Lumen / Laravel, Angular 2+, Typescript, Responsive Design, Testing Methodologies, Restful APIs, NPM, Webpack, Continuous Integration, WordPress
- They should also be an effective communicator with strong problem solving and decision-making skills together with good planning and organising skills
- A Technical degree or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- The ideal candidate will have at least one years' experience in a similar role and/or a strong portfolio of personal development work / open-source contributions
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
Things to consider
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position
- Potential wage increase can rise to £7.50ph after 6 months
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit:https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates