Leading contract development and manufacturing organisation, Custom Pharma Services are looking to recruit a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician apprentice. They will learn how to manufacture pharmaceuticals by participating in the dispensing of raw materials or the Granulation, Blending, Compression or Coating of tablets.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
The Apprentice will gain experience of a wide range of disciplines that are essential to the successful operation of manufacturing pharmaceuticals.
Activities will include:
- Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Routine operations (such as utility sampling, cleaning and maintaining the facility) and project-based operations (performing manufacturing process steps, preparing and completing manufacturing instruction documents).
- Ensure compliance with current company GMP policies and procedures always
- Understand and comply with current company Health and Safety Policy and Health and Safety Policy Procedures as well as HSE policies and procedures associated with the manufacturing process and working within the manufacturing area
- Carry out operations in such a way as not to present a risk to the health and safety of themselves and others
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Batch Manufacturing Record (BMR) instructions
- Operate machines in accordance with SOP and BMR instructions under supervision
- Able to take direction and learn from competent technicians.
- Follow detailed written processing instructions including BMR’s and SOP’s
- Accurately complete BMR’s including use of simple mathematical calculations and Right First Time (RFT)
- Clean equipment and work areas in accordance with SOP and BMR instructions
- Take ownership and responsibility for all aspects of completing set tasks
- Gaining an understanding of regulatory limits for compliance in the pharmaceutical industry
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Management
- Participate in the training plan and complete work based and supported learning to a suitable standard
- Maintain an excellent standard of work in the theoretical part of the apprenticeship.
- Engage in the learning process and effectively communicate any issues with your mentor.
- Records laboratory data in the appropriate worksheets or on appropriate log sheets.