Graduate Electrical Design Engineer / Junior Electrical Design
Graduate Electrical Design Engineer / Junior Electrical Design Engineer required to join successful manufacturer of electronic goods and components for industrial applications based in the Oxford area. The successful candidate will be degree qualified within an electrical engineering field of study. A HND/HNC/Apprenticeship Served Qualification will also be considered.
Although not in any way essential, 1-2 years of experience/a year in industry would be advantageous. This position is suitable for a graduate/junior level engineer looking to secure long-term and prosperous employment with excellent career growth opportunities.
Graduate Electrical Design Engineer / Junior Electrical Design Engineer Position Overview
The primary responsibility of this role will be to work with the electronic design team, carrying out design, development and prototyping work for existing and brand new electronic components. Typical industries are power generation and storage, control software, harsh environments and more.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Design for manufacture of electronic tooling to support the manufacturing and R&D teams.
- Liaising with clients and other members of the design team to ensure specifications are met.
- Documentation and control of design records for future use, company quality standards and administrative purposes.
- Where necessary, reverse engineer/redesign customer supplier items.
- Identification and procurement of materials, consumables and tools where necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organised workplace and ensuring safe use of all electronic equipment.
- Maintain electronic/production equipment if required.
- Support the improvement of design or production techniques/processes by identifying areas of improvement and how that can be achieved. This is not an essential part of the role.
Graduate / Junior Electrical Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree Qualified/HND/HNC/Apprenticeship Served Qualification in an Electrical Engineering Field of Study.
- A year-in-industry / 1-2 years of experience in a relevant field of work is desirable but in no way essential.
- Proficiency in electronic design and simulation software, system design, testing and product life cycle estimations.
- Ability to design microcontrollers, processors and more.
- Knowledge of electronic design processes (PCB layouts etc.).
- It is essential to be proficient in creating embedded software using C, Linux, VHDL or similar.
- Ability to prioritise workload and find technical solutions to engineering problems.
- An understanding/proficiency in the use of 2D & 3D CAD Software would be an advantage.
- Use of ORCAD PCB Tool Suite is desired.
- Clear communication skills-both written and verbal.
Graduate / Junior Electrical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: GBP18,000-GBP24,000 (dependant on experience)
- 28 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.