What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Develop and assist time/chainage or programmes of works for core work activities
- Populate resource schedules in line with programme requirements
- Develop the train matrix planning for stage-works using spoil and ballast calculations
- Develop the WPP's, Task Briefing Sheets & mitigation plans
- Develop Staging Diagrams and information to communicate the delivery plan. Present this information to the construction teams
You will study for and be expected to pass a level 4 Construction Site Engineering Technician Apprenticeship - the apprenticeship will last for 3 years where you will attend college on either day release or block release.
Rotational opportunities could be available within this role, this will be discussed at a later date.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade Grades 9-4 or A-C) Essential