Main rose / responsibilities:
The time spent on the support desk will build knowledge of the IS Services team and all of their products including:
- Organising, managing and controlling the RT queue for both the internal CRM and any external systems.
- Responding to and resolving any queries in the specified time frame.
- Building knowledge to aid in a variety of support queries.
- First point of contact for the IS Services team for both internal and external users.
After the initial 6 months you will move to supporting the Business Intelligence Analyst including:
- Learning and understanding the DWH and how the company work.
- Become an expert on the Dashboard solution offered by the company.
- Support with the database and complete data analysis
- Maintain system documentation
- Understand, analyse and support the data produced from the database for the Dashboard solution and MI Reporting.
- Analyse, interrogate and report on databases
- Liaise with users to investigate potential data issued and communicate any findings back to the company stakeholder.
Additional tasks in your role will including:
- To provide 1st line support for the Dashboard solution and data queries.
- Escalate queries and manage support requests with the software company.
- Be an ambassador for best practice.
- Ad hoc projects
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to understand and enjoy working with data
- Able to work with data, analyse data and interpret user requirements
- Able to support internal and external system users
- Great work ethic
- Enjoys an office environment
- Good at multi-tasking
Entry Level Requirements:
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can't meet the qualification requirements):
- Those working in a role (for at least 6 months) where data is used on a regular basis and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Your manager (IS Service Support Manager) is actually a former QA Apprentice herself having successfully completed her apprenticeship she has developed her career and progressed within the company and you will also be offered career development and progression opportunities on successful completion of your apprenticeship with clear milestones and salary enhancements.Things to consider
Will be dependent on the National Minimum wage, dependent on age.
April 2021 (current rate) - per hour.
- 23 and over -- £8.91,
- 21 to 22 -- £8.36,
- 18 to 20 -- £6.56,
- Under 18 -- £4.62,
- Apprentice -- £4.30.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.