What will the apprentice be doing?
1) Analysing business/user requirements based on criteria supplied by colleagues.
2) Providing work estimates based on analysed user requirements.
3) Creating technical specifications based on analysed user requirments.
4) Researching, designing and writing new software based on technical specifications using Edinburgh Woollen Mills chosen development languages.
5) Constructing test plans in accordance with the I.T. testing strategy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be given all relevantin house training to complete your role.
Along with this you will gain a softwear devloper qualification. This will be delivered in the workplace with continued support form you assessor coach and workplace mentor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have completed your qualification you will be given the opportunity to progress to the next level within the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
GCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 4-7) Essential
Things to consider
This position would suit a graduate or a developer with at least 1 years' experience.