No one makes sense of data like Experian. We are on a mission to deliver the full power of data, analytics and technology in ways that transform lives. And our mission matters. Our work empowers individuals, families, businesses, communities, and governments to uncover patterns, make smarter decisions and navigate the world with confidence.
Individually we are explorers, with a passion for discovery and innovation. When we come together as a community, we inspire and support each other to make connections, uncover solutions and travel further.
We are pioneers, leaders in our field: we recognise no boundaries and accept no limits to our ambition. Together we help create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Together we are #UniquelyExperian.
Find more on our website here or scroll below for the juicy stuff.
Data Science Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship (September 2022)
Did you possess a strong enthusiasm for Maths at A-level?
Were you the student who enjoyed thinking on your feet and problem solving?
Are you able to focus both on your own, as well as in a team towards a goal?
If you’re the type of person who always asks “Why” – then this could be for you.
Start your career at Experian as a Data Scientist!
Now it’s possible you will have never heard of the job “Data Scientist”. Rest assured; this doesn’t mean you’ll be mixing chemicals in a lab.
It’s a puzzling role that brings together maths, statistics, software engineering and communication. One day you could be coding in languages such as: R, Python & Scala, the next working on modelling and developing statistical models (Machine Learning).
You don’t need to have any previous tech experience, nor education in data science. A passion for numbers mixed with a curious mind is all you need to succeed.
What we’re looking for
- To apply you need/be predicted 3x A-levels (Ideally grade’s A*- B)
- One of these MUST be in in Mathematics.
- Not have a degree in a similar subject
Direct experience is not necessary, but a passion for technology, data and programming is a must. We’re also open to hearing from alternative career pathway students who may not have the direct grades but boast relevant experience in the field.
We look for students who are:
- Intellectually Curious: You will love to learn. To discover how things “tick”. You will ask questions and not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Driven to deliver: To excel and take pride in your work. To meet deadlines.
- Willing to contribute: You will get stuck in and contribute ideas. We know you’ll make mistakes (everyone does!) but you will continually evolve.
- Proud to collaborate and be yourself: You won’t be afraid to help others. We want to see the authentic you, and to support you in delivering with integrity.
- Accountable: To safeguard our future. To represent our brand. To do yourself and Experian proud.
Whilst we have adopted a hybrid way of working, this role is based in Nottingham. Please only apply if this would be a suitable location for you.
If successful you will undertake your Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship at the University of Nottingham through block release.
We’ll support you the entire way, pay for your qualification and provide an extensive induction programme to help you adjust to the work/study balance. You’ll also become part of our Early Careers Network and connect with hundreds of other individuals across Experian.
What you’ll receive
On top of gaining your Degree – you can also take advantage of our full range of benefits.
- 25 Days Holiday (+ buy/sell 8 additional days)
- Discounted gym membership
- Online discounts portal
- Flexible and agile working
- Annual bonus scheme or commission (depending on role)
- Sharesave plan enabling you to purchase Experian shares at a 20% discount with no financial risk involved
Click on our Interactive Early Careers Candidate guide to find out more information: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/early-careers
Experian does not discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, talent, potential and nothing else.
Please click “apply”. Everyone will receive a response.
The Recruitment Process
We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
- After you have applied, we will look at your application and let you know as soon as possible if you have been shortlisted.
- If it’s looking promising, we will be in touch with an email to invite you to complete our online testing.
- If successful, you will then be asked to complete a one-way video interview where we will get to meet the person behind the CV!
- Our final stage involves an interactive assessment centre delivered online. You will be invited to take part in a group exercise, an interview and you will also have the opportunity to meet with some of our current students.
For this role we aim to hold online Assessment Centres commencing 4th April 2022 (*Subject to change)
Thanks for your application, interest and patience. We look forward to meeting you!
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay #LI-G
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here