Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky's the limit with TUI. We're the world's number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Technology Development Graduate Programme, you'll spend two invaluable years working right at the heart of our business - with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You'll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You'll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we'll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
TUI Technology operate within global teams responsible for all aspects of design, development and operation of software solutions to all internal and external customer facing web applications. We're a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, operating across Europe.
At TUI, we're ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry, and to achieve this we're looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal, making sure we put secure behaviours first in everything we do.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
About the job:
During your time on our Technology Development Graduate Programme, you'll complete a Level 7 Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist apprenticeship over the course of two years, specialising in one of two areas - Software Engineering or Security Engineering. Throughout the recruitment process, we'll consider you for both routes, however you'll have the opportunity to indicate your preference - if you have one - which we'll consider when we assess your strengths in line with each area.
In either role, you'll be well-positioned to build a successful career and gain a full insight into our Technology team, equipped with your technical acumen to work with multiple software development technologies, and ambition to design, build, test and deploy applications.
- Become a practitioner of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset
- Work with the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications, owning the software products from conception to operation
- Support your team in finding and delivering the best solutions for our customers' needs
- Ensure that software development and delivery is consistently delivering value for our business
- Continuously learn and adapt to enhance software delivery for example quality improvement of the software code through automation
- Research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively
- You'll also work towards a Level 7 Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist - Software Engineering Specialist apprenticeship
- Become a practitioner of state-of-the-art secure coding, secure design, and security automation practices, keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape
- Use your technical skills for creating software products that are secure by default
- Make sure that information security is considered throughout the design and implementation of software products and services
- Keep yourself updated with the latest infosec developments, TUI Group practices, build a "security first" mindset and share that knowledge with peers and your team
- Understand the threat landscape, business requirements, contribute to the description of the security risks and goals
- Support your team in suggesting tooling and automation to identify possible threats and vulnerabilities before they are promoted to production and help them with protecting our customers' data
- Work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software on AWS
- Take an engineering approach to solving security problems either in a specific technical area or business domain
- You'll also work towards a Level 7 Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist - Cyber Security Technical Specialist apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- A passion for business technology, as well an interest in the travel industry
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Strategic thinker
- Focuses on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to gaining your Level 7 Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist apprenticeship (either Software Engineering or Cyber Security Technical Specialist)
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.Future prospects
When you join our Technology DevelopmentProgramme, you'll be joining TUI as a permanent colleague.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.