What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- assist with all estimating aspects of a bid to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance.
- help to ensure that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in line with the Balfour Beatty Management Systems.
- perform quantity take-offs of materials and labour operations,
- send out enquiries for quotations, analyse quotes, build up rates, form preliminaries and collation of all information to complete a Tender.
- attend pre-tender meetings and site visits
You will follow a five year day-release training programme as part of our RICS-accredited Chartered Surveyor programme. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential.
The following qualifications will be gained:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent level 6 Chartered Surveying Diploma
You will be given a career path on joining that will take you through the different roles and experiences you should gain through the apprenticeship. You will start as an Apprentice Estimator and work through Assistant Estimator to Estimator.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade A-C) Essential