Specific Duties include:
- Develop web-based solutions using C#/.NET /.NET Core, TypeScript
- Develop bespoke integrations between 3rd Parties (RESTful API, Azure Logic Apps)
- Provide DevOps support for existing solutions and Integration
- Adhere to best practises and write clean code
- Give estimates of the effort needed to complete tasks
- Develop within agreed timescales and to agreed quality standards
- Review requirements and user stories
- Test and quality assure your own work and that of your team members
- Effectively communicate risks and concerns to your manager
- Research and learn new technologies and development methodologies
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You have a proven interest in coding through your A Level / college course or online platforms like Code Academy and are seeking a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship
- You can write good quality code with sound syntax
- You will enjoy problem solving and want to develop your skills in analysis and design and you will be able to interpret functional / technical specifications and ask relevant questions about what you don't understand
- You can demonstrate an ability to problem solve, use your initiative, take responsibility, be organised and work independently
- Willing and able to work remotely and feel confident using video chat
It would be beneficial if you have some skills or experience in the following or a genuine desire to become highly skilled in:
- C# / .NET / .NET Core using Object-Orientated Programming
- Manipulate data via SQL and create database tables, stored procedures, functions (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Jquery, Typescript)
- Standard file formats (e.g. XML, JSON, CSV)
- Basic cloud compute and storage services (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a development career.
- Enjoy working in a team and problem solving.
- Able to take ownership of work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good time management.
- 7 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including maths and English
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject but preferably one in a numerical or computing subject (e.g. maths, Science, Computer Science etc.)
Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a development careerFuture prospects
Opportunity to gain further qualifications