You will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for clients.
Your duties will include:
- Support the development of the Dedalus OneX application suite
- Understand customer requirements and translate these into functional requirements
- Develop new features of the OneX application suite
- Upskill in any new programming languages required to facilitate project delivery
- Test any new developments and endeavour for error free, re-usable code
- Able to clearly document new functionality and support test team with any questions
- Support Delivery & Transformation Projects
- Promote best practices - shares deployment hints / tips and best practice materials (e.g., technology advances, programming languages and workshop presentations) with colleagues and clients
- Develop and maintain OneX knowledge, covering key system concepts, principles and terminology
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
How we will support you an as apprentice
At least 20% of your time at work is ring fenced and dedicated to your apprenticeship learning and training tasks.
We will arrange for you to have extra time in the first 3 months to help you get off to the best start.
As well as your workplace Mentor in the workplace, you will also be appointed a 'buddy' who will be another point of contact in your day-to-day activities and there to help if your mentor is not available.
You will have regular check-ins with your mentor and The Coders Guild to review progression and discuss completed and forthcoming tasks.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We are looking for someone who can use a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books and trial and error. You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there's always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast.
Whilst it is an absolute must that you enjoy programming, coding, and building websites and/or applications, web development is not just about code! You need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too.
You'll also need to be reliable and have a can-do approach to your workload. Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself.Personal qualities
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic. You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also be able to work on your own to targets and deadlines.
You must be passionate about development, self-motivated, determined to learn and develop new skills and driven to succeed.Desired qualifications
No formal qualifications required.Future prospects
As a top growth and ever-changing industry, you will have gained the knowledge and experience to progress with your career into Senior Dev positions or other specialisms in the industry.Things to consider
First interviews may be online/phone and successful candidates may be given some online learning resources to work through before attending the second interview.