What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Provide assistance to and support commercial staff within the team.
- Assist with estimating, procurement and tendering, contract management, to effectively control construction costs.
- Work to financial targets and deadlines, interpret project programmes, understand risk and react to the demands of construction delivery to ensure best value.
- Develop skills in data management software systems to ensure compliance with corporate systems, standards and procedures.
Training will take place at University West of England (UWE) Bristol. This will be a blend of day release and online learning.
On completion of the course you will gain the following qualifications:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Chartered Surveyor QS Degree Apprenticeship
- BSc(Hons) in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management.
- Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
Become a fully qualified and chartered Quantity Surveyor on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Competent writing skills, Excellent communication skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subjects (Grade A - C) Essential Things to consider
This is a regional role, you could be based anywhere within the Wessex Water region depending on where you live. Travel is required for this role. If you don't yet drive, we pay for driving lessons as part of this apprenticeship.