What will the apprentice be doing?
In your new role as a design engineer you will be:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Producing drawings and specifications using using sophisticated 3D computer software and engineering calculation procedures
- Involved in all stages of projects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
- Representing CPW at project meetings
- Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
- Liaison with the other design department members such as architects
You will acheive a Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering and will study at Bath College one day per week.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be able to progress from a Level 4 on to a Level 5/Degree Course if desired.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 6/B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Graphic Design (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade C) Desired